SAP Plant Maintenance (SAP PM)
Plant Maintenance operates the overall maintenance business processes and functions. The Plant Maintenance module allows a maintenance organization to:
- Identify, document, and correct failures and degradations of any assets for which they have responsibility.
- Plan and schedule activities to prevent or predict failures and keep assets and processes operating within design specifications.
Both Corrective and Preventative maintenance processes exist in the Plant Maintenance module.
Corrective maintenance refers to the activities conducted by the Maintenance Organization to repair equipment of all forms within their area of responsibility. Preventive maintenance is a discipline that uses processes and activities that focus on the prevention of failures or performance degradation before it occurs.
The following diagram illustrates the common process for both Corrective and Preventative Maintenance within the Plant Maintenance module:
Subcomponents of the SAP Plant Maintenance (SAP PM) Module:
- Management of Technical Objects – includes master data objects such as functional locations and equipment master records.
- Maintenance Processing – includes processing steps such as notifications and work orders.
- Preventative Maintenance – includes maintenance planning and work scheduling tasks.
This is brief review of the components and processes associated with the SAP PM module.
- The Benefits of Having a Preventative Maintenance Program (rvevans.wordpress.com)
- Sap Fscm (mrites.wordpress.com)
- The Preventative Maintenance You Need to Do On Your Car (and When) (sascho.wordpress.com)
- Are You Getting the Results You Expect from Your Reliability Program? (markwbas.wordpress.com)
- Water Heater Leaking (rotorooter.com)